5 Feb 2012

Madonna inspired by Marilyn

I was watching Madonna's newest music video for her song "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and I was completely enthralled by the dance sequence where Madonna, MIA and Nicki Minaj are all styled after Marilyn Monroe. So I guess this is somewhat of a Marilyn look without the red lips, and inspired by Madonna. Hah! You can watch her music video here if you haven't seen it.

I took a few very fuzzy screenshots to give you an idea, and my interpretation below.






I just love these kind of retro throwback looks, they are still so flattering today and just scream womanliness and sex appeal without being over the top. Watch my video tutorial if you want to see how I achieved this look. It's perfect for Valentine's Day too.

Oh and since I might get questions, I do have a video coming up about how I style my hair and what products and tools I use, so keep on the look out for it.




Face
Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Mont Blanc, La Femme Nectar Peach blush, Estee Lauder Shimmering Powder in Light Snow

Eyes
MAC Bare Canvas Paint, Catrice Grey's Philosophy, MAC Copperplate, NYX Aloha, Catrice black gel eyeliner, Catrice It's a Girl, Max Factor kohl in Natural Glaze, Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion, Elite Lashes Nr. 6, Duo lash glue


Lips
Catrice Lost in the Rose Wood lipliner, P2 Rodeo Drive lipstick


Nails
Anny - Crazy Flamingo


13 comments:

  1. U look really lovely and romantic here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, so stunning <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a gorgeous look!
    www.fuchsiatriangle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing love u xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia! There is any online store where I can buy Anny nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julia,

    I've been following your blog for quite a while now. I've only been reading it and just now subscribed, because I finally also got an account here. I want to create my own beauty and fashion blog over the next weeks, so I'd be really happy if you could subscribe to me. The blog is still really empty, but I plan on filling it with posts over the next weeks.

    <3 Elisabeth

    http://beautybyelisabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:34 am

    i love this makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:34 pm

    You are so so so so BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely stunning. I have watched your makeup tutorials and read your blog for over a year now, and all I can say is- "WOW!" What a transformation in your appearance! You have done a great job, and have inspired me to go get rid of those 20 pounds and get healthy :) I'm on it from tomorrow! Also, have people told you that you look like Megan Fox in this video??? Again, really pretty :) Thanks for your motivation :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. really pretty ♥ love your maklkeup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love the retro looks and you did a great job. You really look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:03 pm

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:32 am

    Where can I find the eyelashes?

    ReplyDelete