30 Jan 2011

January Favorites + a Haul!


My recent beauty products purchases:

Nars Lip Lacquer in Diablo - a candy apple red lip cream that can be applied lightly for a sheer finish, or layered for an opaque and bright finish. Really long lasting, doesn't feather easily even without a lipliner, but doesn't have a nice taste/scent.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in Classic Ivory - Many have been saying this is a dupe for the Nars Sheer Glow foundation, which is my favorite, but at a much more affordable price. I'm trying this out to see if it is indeed a dupe; I have worn it a few times already and at this point I don't think it's comparable - but more on that in the future in a more in-depth review.

My favorites for this past month:

La Roche Posay Toleriane Riche face cream - Perfect for sensitive, dry skin. Paraben, mineral oil and perfume free. The whole Toleriane line from Roche Posay is perfect for people with skin sensitivities or irritations. This cream has helped to prevent the severe dry patches I often get in the wintertime. Available at pharmacies and apothecaries.

Blistex lip balm - No-nonsense hydration for irritated, dry lips. This contains menthol and usually I react negatively to that, but the menthol content is very low so it's all right. Inexpensive but does it's job amazingly well.

Catrice Heidi Plum eyeshadow - A beautiful dusty grey-purple matte eyeshadow. Great pigmentation, very inexpensive, great lasting power and available at European drugstores. This looks wonderful in the crease, paired with other colors.

Illamasqua products mentioned:

Sanger lipstick - a bright, firetruck engine red, matte finish
Throb nailpolish - bright red cream finish
Load nailpolish - a creamy vanilla custard shade, cream finish and opaque in 2 coats
Scorn nailpolish- semi-matte black polish

Nailpolish I'm wearing in this video:
Maybelline Blue Sapphire

Link to my video here

15 comments:

  1. great haul, love the blue nail varnish x

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lipstick are you wearing in this haul video?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, I love your makeup in this video! You look very classy and beautiful. Your hair looks amazing and if I were you I wouldn't get too much cut. It looks great when you curl your hair like you did for this video. Please do reveal what lipstick you are wearing it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to figure out where I can get my hands on illamasqua here in Canada...

    Have a great one! x NTA @ blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:41 pm

    she wears gosh

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is wearing gosh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like NARS Lip Lacquer and I think I'm gonna try La Roche Posay face cream too. Thank you for this video. xoxo

    lipstickonyourpillow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:51 pm

    xNTA- Here in Canada you can buy Illamasqua at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:38 pm

    I think nars sheer glow is better than neutrogena.....but waiting to your response! ;)
    I love ALL the illamasqua nail polish and few minutes ago I did order the Load colour.... I this it is fantastic for the spring time (hoping will arrive soon! spring time and my new nail polish) ahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love LA ROCHE POSAY too!i'm using Hydreane Legere.it's a moisturizing cream(with thermal water) for sensitive skin.it's so good for make-up base too.
    love all your videos.can u put a link from where I can buy NARS or Illamasqua?
    10x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thanks guys! Who is "gosh" by?

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOSH is the brand, the color is called Darling :D
    It's a EU and Canada only brand, but if you're from the us or asia, you can buy it online :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want to say "THANKS!" For mentioning the Neutrogena make-up. On a whim I bought some yesterday. Today is my first day wearing it and I absolutely love it. Full coverage (I have fiery red hair and fiery red skin!) but it is also lightweight. It is natural looking enough that I am wearing it today with nothing else on my face. I've already gotten compliments on my skin!

    Julia, you are the bomb. As far as concealer goes with this make-up, I am using the bare escentuals powder foundation as a concealer to keep things light, it works really well with it. The mineral veil and "warmth" go on nicely over this foundation as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love your ring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh I love your videos! Nice choices on this video too:)
    I've heared so many times in your videos that it's hard to find the right and more light foundation for you. Well..I have the same problem. But I don't have it anymore as I found out for Chanel Le blanc base. You should really have to try it out..just mix it with your foundation and the complexion will instantly brighten up :) Anyway...big fan of yours :)

    ReplyDelete