4 Sept 2011

Kosmetik Kosmo Binoctium (Chanel Paradoxal Dupe?)

I recently had the opportunity to meet Michaela, better known as Koko on Youtube, at a blogger PR event in Berlin (more on that later.) She gave me some samples of her new cosmetic line Kosmetik Kosmo, and I was really intrigued by one of the nailpolishes from the line, Binoctium. This is supposed to be a dupe of the famous Chanel Paradoxal nailpolish which was released for Fall 2010.

Here I am wearing Binoctium, on my ring finger I also have two brand new yet-to-be-released glitter polishes (Essence Color & Go in Time For Romance and Essence Nail Art Special Effects Topper in It's Purplicious)



I don't have Chanel Paradoxal so I can't make a direct comparison if this is indeed a dead on dupe, but from the pictures I have seen of Paradoxal, I think Binoctium has a slightly weaker purple shine to it and the effect is less intense. But again, that's just my guess. I would describe the color as a gray-aubergine-taupe base (cream finish) with a red-toned purple shimmer effect that shows up more or less depending on the light.

The quality of this polish was medium - it applied a bit streaky and "pulled" the color in some places but after the second coat it was opaque. The bottle is short and stubby (8ml) and was a bit hard to handle, but if you're used to mini polish bottles that shouldn't be an issue. I cannot say anything about the lasting power yet as I haven't worn it long enough, and as I change polish quite frequently this isn't much of an issue for me.

However, if you're looking for an inexpensive alternative to a color close to Chanel Paradoxal, this might be a very good alternative. Binoctium costs 3.99 Euro + delivery and can be purchased at the Kosmetik Kosmo online shop (website in German, limited countries of delivery.)

3 comments:

  1. Ich finde diesen Lack toll. Habe ihn selbst auch und bin begeistert von der Farbe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:41 pm

    Hi Julia,
    Yes you are right, it seems a dupe, bit darker than Chanel Paradoxal but very beautiful also.
    Kiss :)
    Mezy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tolle Farbe :)
    Ist der Gliiterlack von essence??

    Grüße
    Angi

    P.s.: Hab erst vor kurzen deinen Block entdeckt. Findn toll <3

    ReplyDelete