3 Mar 2010

Illamasqua Wink


This nailpolish is fantastic! What a beautiful colour for spring, it's a pastel lavender cream which applies smoothly and evenly. It's maybe a tad on the thick side but overall this color is gorgeous! It's a part of their spring collection, which has 4 different pastel shades, including also a pale blue, a minty green, and a chickadee yellow shade.

Illamasqua is available online at illamasqua.com , at department stores in the UK, and through Sephora online if you're in the States.

Right now, Illamasqua is also holding a nailpolish competition, where you get a chance to design and name an upcoming nailpolish shade, which will be produced by Illamasqua! You will also receive a bottle of the winning polish if your entry is chosen. How cool is that?

Here are the details! Good luck.

Illamasqua is asking finger fetishists the world over to submit a description of their dream nail varnish colour, for their chance to make it a reality.

Run in conjunction with luxury retailer, Selfridges, this incredible competition is giving nail varnish fans the world over the opportunity to push their imaginative boundaries further than ever before and design their very own perfect shade.

Entrants must explain in no more than 50 words what inspired their unique choice, and provide an image or photograph to illustrate their big idea.

The prize? Two winners will see their dream colour created and sold exclusively at Selfridges in London, Manchester Trafford and Birmingham from October 2010. In addition, they’ll receive a bottle of their winning colour before anybody else!

The winning entries will be selected by a high-profile judging panel consisting of legendary make-up artist Alex Box, nail artist to the stars Sophy Robson, Selfridges’ Beauty Director David Walker-Smith and Pixiwoo.
The rules:
In 50 words or less, submit a description of your dream colour and the thinking behind it – please include pictures to illustrate your inspiration if possible.
Entries must be submitted in one of the following three ways, no later than
14th March 2010:

Via email:
competition@illamasqua.com
Via blog post: competition@illamasqua.com
Via mail:
NAIL COMPETITION
c/o Illamasqua

6-8 Amwell St
London
EC1R 1UQ

One entry per person. Competition is open to entrants globally.

14 comments:

  1. wunderschöne Farben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:27 pm

    Amazing! Lemming "Nudge" so hard ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's such a pretty color! I've been looking for that shade.. I finally ordered 'OPI do you lilac it?', hopefully it would be the same color as this... it's sooo puurrrty.. **drools**

    ReplyDelete
  4. MissStayOut8810:10 pm

    Sooo cute o_o i want that color ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:40 pm

    Oh goodness! Your nails grew back so long already?
    That color is gorgeous! How can they grow back so long since that "manicure" tutorial you did? Amazing! I'd like to enter but I don't know how to convey the color and I'm worried that the color I want is already invented buuuut that I haven't thoroughly searched for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastel colors are some of my favorite. I love this color as well as the one you wore in your recent video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all these pastel colours that are out now, especially lilac and the mint greens! This is pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicky3:20 pm

    U have amazingly beautiful nails...I always admire them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok! Go12:59 am

    I don't get it...your nails grew that fast since that other tutorial on how to get a perfect manicure?? How do you do it?? I'm so jealous!
    I just love the color! Can we buy it on the Illamasqua website? I also just love the squoval shape. It suits you better than the square ones because it looks naturally long. The square shape even though it looked great as well, it looked like fake sharp as a knife kind of nails.
    I'm still in awe of your nails...still cannot believe they grew that fast. [sighs] I am hoping that my nail which I broke a week ago will grow back fast. I hate having nine long nails and one that's short. [sighs]

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful shade! I still can't get over the fact that those are your real nails - they're so perfectly neat! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:17 pm

    Hi Julia, my name is Isabel and I am Luso Canadian, (from the Azores Islands) I live in London, Ontario, Canada, I just started to watch your YT videos, and I just watched one of your nail info videos. I have a question for you. My husband has had a split on one of his nails, right from the cuticle and it won't heal. As the nail grows so does that stubborn split. It catches on everything and sometimes he says it hurts. I have tried polishing the ridge, and using a clear filler, also Sally Hanson hard as nails, but nothing seems to be working. I know the cuticle soft bed is probably damaged and that's why this keeps happening. I'll keep checking your blog to see if you have any ideas why this is happening and what I could possible do to help the nail, so a fresh nail can grow.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete