23 May 2010

Rainbow Nails







I've never done rainbow nails before, but a few days ago I couldn't decide on a single colour, so I decided to do what is known as "skittle nails". One hand cools, the other warms! Please excuse the wear and tear, this is three or four days after the original application.

I love it so much I think I might do this on my toes next time! How fun for summer! I opted for cream finish as I have the most polishes of this variety, and I didn't want to combine different finishes.

Here's the polishes I used if anyone is interested.

First picture (Cool tones, thumb to pinkie): Barry B Cyan Blue, Barry M Mint Green, Misa Green With Envy, Essence In the Jungle, China Glaze Grape Pop

Second picture (Warm tones, thumb to pinkie): Barry M Limited Edition Pink, Essence Glam Girl, China Glaze Japanese Koi, Essie Tart Deco, Essie Shorty Pants

23 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely! and thank you for not mixing finishes - that kills me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been planning on doing that to my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 pm

    Pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:40 pm

    Wow that looks pretty cool! I never would have thought of doing that but it really turned out nicely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:40 pm

    Wow that looks pretty cool! I never would have thought of doing that but it really turned out nicely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:47 pm

    I'd like to use the colours of the flags for the next Soccer Games in Africa - our flag is green, yellow, white, blue. Do you have other ideas for the games?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh thats so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors are fanciful and fun. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nails look great, it helps when you have long nail beds.
    Love doing this... I can't remember the Dexter episode, but the people that die have rainbow coloured nails. Usually, I'll only go for a couple colours cause it freaks my friend out when i do the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:20 am

    The names are cracking XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:10 am

    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! i love the mint green and tart deco ones! and you have the best nails éver <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been following your tutoorials for a very long time but only just got round to subscribing to twitter and blogspot.
    i would REALLY appreciate it if you followed my blog and possibly spread the word.
    there is nothing like that for people like me(you'll understand if you read my first blog)
    http://hazyfairyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. brandiwilkerson133:46 pm

    I loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have amazing nails and beautiful hands

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, especially the blue/green hand! I need some more Barry M in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:50 am

    I have to say as a man I find your creativity and style so attractive. I am a macho man hetrosexual but, the different looks you do and everything is so exciting to me. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stunning <3 love them all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooh!! so cute! reminds me of my piano teacher when i was a kid... i guess she did that to keep the kids attention while she was teaching em how to play piano.. i never learned. HAHA. but i do remember her for her cute nails! :)

    ReplyDelete