28 Sept 2010

Fall Nailpolish Haul

Eeeee! Polish overload! I'm a huge polish junkie and I could not wait to get this order in. Fall can officially commence now; my nails will be in style. I picked up some from the new Orly Cosmic FX collection, some Color Club, and China Glaze. I've also got two of the new Illamasqua nailpolishes that debuted out with their Art of Darkness collection. OK let's get right to the pictures! (Names are all left to right, click on the pictures for full size.)


Orly: Space Cadet, It's Not Rocket Science, Halley's Comet, Glitz & Glamour

Color Club Jewel of a Girl, China Glaze Wagon Trail, China Glaze Short & Sassy

Illamasqua: Viridian, Scarab


Now on to some detailed swatches and my overall thoughts of these polishes...


Orly: Halley's Comet, Space Cadet, It's Not Rocket Science, Glitz & Glamour

Halley's Comet: Intense turquoise multi-chrome with flashes of green, teal and gold with a unique finish. It's hard to describe the finish, it's a mixture between glass flecked, shimmer and foil.

Space Cadet: Multi-chrome color with flashes of lavender, gold, green and olive. This is so unique, I don't have any polish like this. It reminds me of an oil slick shimmering in the sunlight. Again, has that same foil/shimmer/glass-flecked type of finish. This needed 3 coats, but I think I'll try layering this over a black next time so that you don't get the "visible nail line". This colour is a must-have if you are into unique polishes.

It's Not Rocket Science: Green multi-chrome with flashes of golden olive and teal. Apparently China Glaze Zombie Zest from their new Halloween collection is supposed to be a dupe of this, but I can't say for sure (it was sold out when I placed my order.) Love this color!

Glitz & Glamour: This is a part of the Orly Holiday 2010 collection and I love it. It's a very warm toned gold (leaning almost to a golden copper) with a strong foil finish. I can't wait to wear this at Christmas time as it reminds me of gold ribbon, or golden Christmas tree ornaments.

China Glaze Wagon Trail, China Glaze Short & Sassy, Color Club Jewel of a Girl

Wagon Trail: Hotness in a bottle! A very dark olive green which glows from within, and runs to nearly black around the edges. It flashes intense golden olive in the sunlight. Applies like a dream too - I can't wait to do a full manicure with this. This originally came out in fall 2008 with the Rodeo collection, but it's still amazing now.

Short & Sassy: A rich magenta burgundy which also has that "lit from within" look and darker around the edges. Originally released with the fall 2009 Retro Diva Collection. It reminds me of cranberries - perfect for winter.

Jewel of a Girl: A deep maroon burgundy leaning to the brown side. I love this shade for fall, I'm just automatically drawn to these aubergine type of colors at this time of year.

China Glaze Branding Iron (for comparison), Illamasqua Scarab, Illamasqua Viridian

Scarab: A blend of copper, deep red and maroon is how I would describe this shade, with a beautiful shimmer finish, leaning to metallic. I've included a picture of China Glaze Branding Iron as a comparison but as you can see, it's not a perfect dupe. The colors are fairly similar but Scarab is a bit more coppery, and Branding Iron is a deeper red. Although, if you already own Branding Iron, it's probably not necessary to own both.

Viridian: Another beautiful green for fall! A mix of forest green and deep teal is how I would describe this colour, and the opacity is amazing as well. This has a strong shimmery finish. Actually, both Scarab and Viridian would make great holiday colors as well - I'm envisioning a manicure of Scarab with Viridian as an accent color on one nail. Must try that out for the holidays!


Where to buy:

(Both offer international shipping, Trans Design has a flat rate option of $18 for 9 regular sized polish bottles. I ordered this time at Head2Toe as TD were sold out of some colours.)

Illamasqua polishes available at:





Disclosure: Illamasqua provided their polishes to me for review. All other polishes seen here were purchased by myself.

27 comments:

  1. i love the shimmer on Its not Rocket Science. What a beautiful polish.

    roxy
    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great polishes! I recently picked up Short & Sassy and I really love this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge nail polish junky myself! I picked up Space Cadet & Galaxy Girl from those Orly's. I would have considered Haley's Comet but I do have Zoya's Charla already. Wagon Trail has been on my list of wants for quite a while now too.

    As for your hair, I like it! I'm always drawn to darker colors though. It doesn't actually look black in the video, you can see a bit of warmth to it. But you do look very wintery with that color and the dark lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha wow, I ordered quite similar polishes last time I got something from Transdesign! You've got great taste, darl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Are those american or european shops?
    Like, do they ship from Europe or America? :) 'cause cosmetics always get help up in customs for such a loooong time when you're receiving them from non-european countries... and additional fares... at least, that's how it works in in italy. :/
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:20 am

    Transdesign is offering flat rate shipping again???

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. April2:02 am

    I love the new hair color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:39 am

    Oh those polishes... Stunning choices. While we get to enjoy all the sorbet shades for summer, you get to enjoy my favourite shades for fall. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:39 am

    love your choices very pretty.i have similar taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all are gorgeous ^^ Illamasquas Viridian seems to be just like happiness in a bottle ! I picked up some of the Orlys too, Space Cadet, Galaxy Girl and Out Of This World.

    In my opinion, it is a better idea to layer Space Cadet over a deep teal-green color because of its own base color. If you layer it over a black nailpolish, it somehow looses the color that makes it beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guten tag Julia

    Ich wohne auch in die Schweiz, und schpreche ein bisschen Deutch.
    Check out my nailblog.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmm transdesign no longer has flat shipping rate =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these colors! I just watched your video on how to fix a broken nail too. Thank you sooooo much! I can hardly wait to break a nail now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh awesome fall colours all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got Wagon Trail myself and I love it, too! It's such a perfect fall color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:42 pm

    Wunderschöne neue Haarfarbe - steht dir super :)!

    Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland,
    Judith.

    ReplyDelete
  18. totally gorgeous hair!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I watched your video as well, beautiful colors!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! Love what you picked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. sara_lawrence6:53 pm

    i was just wondering if u could do a camo makeup look .. i need some ideas for Halloween this year.. that would b great thanx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, great choice of colours! I always wanted to try Orly... these ones look awesome.

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous5:17 am

    in description of scarab you mistakenly referenced wagon trail instead of branding iron. small typo! love the colors. all lacqured up did a great review of these too! also of the mac "dupes". http://www.alllacqueredup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. i couldnt find the Illamasqua viridian or scarab... i want em so bad.. what could i do?

    ReplyDelete
  25. You know that here in Panama, we don't get so many variety of nail polish? WE got OPI, but a lot of the ones you show are not available here, so I will try out to order in some colors that might work for my skin color, will see, I love to experiment anyways!
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a big fan. I've just recently started watching and have already used several of your tutorials and tips. I just wanted to say thanks and tell you that the new hair is fabulous!! You look awesome. - Ann from Kansas City, Missouri, USA

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous6:11 pm

    i love the colors...but shipping overseas in a bit high when bought on transdesign....

    thanks

    ReplyDelete