30 Jun 2013

Maybelline Vivid Lipstick Swatches + Review


Well gosh darn it, if I'm not the last person in Beauty Blog-o-land to write about the Maybelline Vivid lipsticks!!

I originally heard about these on Youtube and Twitter from some American girls I follow, because living in Ye Olde Europe means we're always way behind when it comes to new drugstore product releases. I heard a lot of people raving about these, so after oggling over pretty pictures on the Internet, I bit the bullet and ordered four of them on ebay no less. Imagine, even with jacked up ebay pricing, plus worldwide shipping, these were still cheaper than buying them locally in Switzerland! :-O

(I added one more lipstick bullet to my collection when they finally arrived here.)

Left to Right: Pink Pop, Fuchsia Flash, Shocking Coral, Vivid Rose, On Fire Red

The packaging: bright orange see-through lipstick bullets

Left to Right: Pink Pop, Fuchsia Flash, Shocking Coral, Vivid Rose, On Fire Red


Let me tell you, they are soooo lovely! If you are into bright colors as much as I am, then these lipsticks are a great drugstore purchase. The colors are very well pigmented, they feel very comfortable to wear with a creamy but not too creamy finish, and last for a good amount of time on my lips before I have to reapply. Sure, they don't last as long as my Rouge d'Armani, but they are definitely better quality than some other drugstore lipsticks I own.

The color I reach for the most is Shocking Coral, and I recently picked up Vivid Rose, which I think will be another contender in my lipstick rotation. I've read a few of these colors are dupes of certain MAC lipsticks (Candy Yum Yum I think?) but I can't compare because I don't own those shades. The only one I'm not crazy about is On Fire Red - I just think I own some nicer reds in my collection already, but it's not a terrible color or anything. I just don't reach for it as much as the other colors.

So, two thumbs up for these lipsticks from me! A definite drugstore bargain purchase that packs a punch. :)

Do you own any of the Maybelline Vivid lipsticks? If so, which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!


22 comments:

  1. i absolutely <3 these lipsticks!!
    tamzzzzzz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fire red !
    http://lushcherry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have any of these yet. But have you tried the Maybelline SuperStay 24 Color?
    I think it's the winner in the category of staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got vivid rose & its gorgeous! i don't wear if as much but i still like it :) i want to try some of the other colors & fuchsia flash & shocking coral might be contenders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie12:23 am

    Oh, I love them all!! I hope they're available in the Netherlands soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started out with Pink Pop and Brazen Berry and loved them so much I picked up two more on my next trip to the store. I kept doing this and now I have almost all of them. My favorite changes from day to day depending on my mood, but usually I favor Pink Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard Fuschia Flash is a dupe for Candy Yum Yum, definitely thinking of trying it out when they eventually show up in Ireland :P

    http://redsatinroses.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Went into my local drugstore and fell in love! Fushia Flash looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:00 pm

    Those lipsticks look stunning, especially Shocking Coral. Its unlike anything else I own so I most definitely need to go ahead and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Vibrant Mandarin, I love it. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shades are perfect for the summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was swatching these like crazy on Thursday but resisted... again on Sunday but resisted but I'm still thinking about them and this post isn't helping!! I have a feeling that I won't be resisting for much longer... the only problem is - I want them all!!!!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look awesome, it's cool to see really good drugstore lipsticks!

    letitiaharriet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy crap! they're so pigmented!! :) I really like alot of maybelline's products, but alot of the colors don't seem to fit with my asian skin tone..ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love love love! the "On Fire Red" color is killer!

    xoxo,
    Erin

    http://xoxoerinthedublindiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got Vivid Rose and Shocking Coral! They aren't sold (yet?) in Holland, but a friend of mine went to the States and was kind enough to bring me those two. I LOVE THEM! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vivid Rose is my kind of color! I only have Vivid Rose and Shocking Coral - Shocking is a close runner-up

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, and thank you for the swatches! They look like truer color here than most pictures of swatches I've seen on the internet because other pictures have Vivid and Shocking looking almost alike.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I own shocking coral, fuschia flash and on-fire red! Funny how the only three I own you also picked out. I absolutely adore these, they are freaking amazing. They had a few 'limited edition' releases not long ago as well, but they were so similar to the ones I already had that I passed.
    www.adventuresinanalog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous2:36 pm

    I am completely obsessed with the wild rose one. All thanks to your review! I get complents non stop

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the shocking coral one, but I don't think I am confident enough to wear it out anywhere. I do love the color though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this collection! I requested someone who went to USA to bring some of them cause they haven't arrived in my country as usual :( (that's the worse part of living in the end of the world) and i absolutely love them! is winter here and i use them anyways!

    ReplyDelete