11 Jun 2013

Tutorial: Gothic Elegance



I haven't done a gothic and alternative makeup look in a while, and I wanted to come up with something dramatic that would fit the bill, but still keep it looking feminine and glamorous. I thought this version of a gothic look is not only pretty darn wearable, it's also quite fashion forward! I would definitely rock this on a night out, maybe to a trendy club or to a rock concert.






The blue colours give it that alternative, less-than-mainstream look, but the soft touches on the eye keep things in focus and don't make you look like you just rose from the dead. ;)

Here's the tutorial how I created this look, which you can also view on Youtube here.




Face & Cheeks
Smashbox 15 Hour Wear foundation , Estee Lauder Shimmering Powder in Light Snow (LE), Illamasqua Chased blush

Eyes
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, Sleek MakeUP Ultra Matte Version 2 eyeshadow palette, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline gel eyeliner, Kryolan mascara, Elite Lashes Nr. 19 (from CVS), Revlon Precision lash adhesive

Lips
Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in Indigo Ink, Illamasqua Disciple lipstick, Sleek MakeUP Pout Paint in Peek-A-Bloo

Nails
China Glaze Tinseltown


Where would YOU wear this look? Are you brave enough to rock blue lips?? Let me know in the comments below!


14 comments:

  1. I loved this look. I would wear it on a night out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look. I would wear it on a night out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:08 pm

    Luv it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look so cool fab look for a night out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh ich liebe den Look! Ich werde ihn wahrscheinlich gleich zum Greenfield ausprobieren ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would totally wear this look pretty much anywhere, but wearing colorful or dramatic makeup in every day situations has become a habit, since I'm not much of a party person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice look, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Every woman looks better with blush, in my opinion. I love how you've incorporated it into a goth look. Divine <3

    I've followed your youtube channel since I was 16 and I love every video. You've always inspired me to break out of my comfort zone with makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty ! Eyeshadow is amazing !

    http://vintagemelissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful love your a great insporation

    MakeupbyBRI

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you prefer the MAC fluid line to the generic brand you use from eBay?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I received Illamasqua's disciple today and I might wear it to my hairdresser next tuesday. If I can find the guts to put this on my lips...

    ReplyDelete