2 Jun 2009

BRIGHT Hot pink and Purple Look


FaceFront Cosmetics sent me a few of their products to try out and so far I am really impressed! I have frequently been sent samples by mineral makeup lines before. Quite a few of these companies I didn't even bother featuring on my channel - usually they were chalky, didn't stick, or the colors were just plain dull. I didn't want to promote any products that were not going to work, quite simply. So far I have tried out a few of the Paint Me Perfect Loose Mineral Eye Pigments and I am really impressed! Color payoff is excellent, and they don't even have that typical mineral eyeshadow texture - they really are more like pigments to me. The finish is great, nothing too sparkly and full of chunky glitter. They also sent me some of the Fresh Ink Pressed Eyeshadows but I have yet to really try those out. I'll do a more in-depth review soon when I have some time to take pictures. And also exciting, because I like their products - FaceFront agreed to co-sponsor for a contest I'll be doing later this year! Yay! So some of these products will be available to my subscribers. But shhh - no more details quite yet. ;)


Enjoy this fun, summery and colorful look!




Face
Revlon Colorstay Ivory foundation, Ben Nye concealer, La Femme Lilac Champagne blush


Eyes
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, NYX White eyeshadow, FaceFront Loose Mineral Eye pigments in Death by Rubies and Little Gremlin, MAC Entremauve pigment (Limited Edition but MAC Grape pigment is a good dupe of it), L'Oreal Intense Carbon Black liquid liner, Lancaster black kohl eyeliner, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, MAC Dazzlelight e/s, MAC Brow pencil in Spiked


Lips
MAC Angel lipstick, Margaret Astor lipgloss (doesn't have a name or number)

Earrings are from this Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5362078

Let me know what you think! This look is also the blog profile picture that many of you have been asking me about.

45 comments:

  1. You look stunning!! I love all your looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!
    you photograph beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh... you're so beautiful. This is my favorite look of yours! Much love. <3

    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:06 pm

    Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VIBRANTLY HOT!!!
    WoW I wish I can pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! That Pink looks (on my screen anyway) that it could be a great dupe for Mac's Bright Fuchsia?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:28 am

    I *must* try this! No way I could look as great as you, but it's an awesome, awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look so beautiful. Thanks for recommending Face Front. I'll look into their pigments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:40 am

    very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe..ur eyes reminds me of Twilight..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look ! i like how you blend a bright color with a dark color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Fucshia!

    Hi, I'm Steph aka DSK of DSK Jewelry

    Nu Nu Doll told me you were awesome and to visit your site :D

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  13. wunder-, wunderschön!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! so pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:37 am

    Fantastic look - you eyes are just luminous! Pink looks amazing on you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love this look - it's bright but at the same time just so fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your eyes pop so much with these colors, they are STUNNING! i wish i had eyes half as beautiful as yours

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thaks so much for the tutorial, the look is beautiful!!! I love FaceFront..I have Death by Rubies, among others. I'll have to get Little Gremlin though. Just from a purely photographic standpoint, I love the way the reflection looks on the closeup of your eye. Are you in front of a window?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Your eyes are beautiful and the look is simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just feminine,sexy and lovely!!! Thank you sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks even more stunning in the pic's!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, this color makes your eyes sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is gorgeous Julia. You look so angelic in the first picture :) Will watch the video tut as soon as I get home (can't open YT at work)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooooooo! so pretty! Great look as always Julia<3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous9:35 pm

    Hi, I'm from Puerto Rico. I have become a huge fan of your style. I think you are pretty awsome. I will like to know what camera do you use to take your picture. it shows every detail of the makeup and I want to buy one with good quality.

    PS. I bought the entire collection of Twilight that you suggested and let me tell you that, I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH EDWARD CULLEN, thanks to you jajaja)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing pictures! Your eyes are beautiful, so intensely green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous11:05 pm

    Heeey, this is amazing i love pink and purple on the eyes! always fun xXx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous!!! I absolutely love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All I can say is Wow! I'm practically speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  30. this looks stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aline Simões4:35 am

    Achei linda essa maquiagem,adoro rosa.Bjs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! This is sooo amazingly pretty! Wow, you are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Richellene1:18 pm

    Hi Julia,

    This is so pretty! The colors are gorgeous! Can i ask something? Is there a website that sells ArtDeco base. I would like to try it if hopefully i can find it somewhere. Thanks in advance... x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing blending!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. flashycat200811:33 am

    Amazing with your green eyes. Fantastic blending. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous7:22 am

    i was just amazed by ur makeup, it was mind blowing. just so professional! and u have such gorgeous eyes! keep on posting! love ur tutorials! u are so nice and sincere =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous7:37 am

    you are a gorgeous person inside and out. i watched your video on your channel, third shift, where you encourage people to not focus exclusively on looking good, but being someone who is concerned about not ONLY what's on them, but what's around them. i know you don't like being called a role model, but i think that you would make a great role model if you wanted to accept that term!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous10:24 am

    Excuse-me but I want to know where can I buy that palette... :D

    you can write me on miss_sunshine52@yahoo.com

    :*

    ReplyDelete
  40. i need some advice
    i really like the way mac eyeshadow
    is made and the way it looks on the eyes.
    is there a less expensive version thats just as good ?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous3:55 pm

    simpaly the best
    luv it

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous6:34 am

    u are da best eva..stunning

    ReplyDelete