5 Jun 2009

Simple daytime look - venturing into beauty makeup

As much as I love showcasing dramatic and colorful looks on my Youtube channel, my daily makeup routine is very pared down and simple. Even this look is more than what I normally wear! If I'm in a rush in the morning, I'll just skip the eyeshadow all together and spend the time I have on perfecting my skin. Here I have opted for a very hydrated skin look, and used a custom-blended tinted moisturizer. It's all I need really. I rounded off the look with cream blush and several sprays of a moisturizing spray to give a dewy and natural finish. I have no idea why I'm not wearing the earrings in both pictures!

I really want to get better at doing beauty makeup. Beauty makeup is often shown in fashion magazines or for portfolios, usually a very close crop of the models face showcasing nude but impeccable makeup. Beauty makeup is flawless and understated, focusing on minimalism. Although it sounds easy, it's actually not. Good beauty makeup takes a considerable amount of skill and honed technique, and it's something I really don't know a lot about. It's also one type of makeup that "sells", especially if you want to work professionally as a makeup artist, or go into bridal makeup.


I've also started doing my brows a bit differently, more natural and less pronounced. I also think that since my hair is a bit lighter now, the eyebrow pencil I'm using is too dark, so I'll have to look into getting a lighter shade.

Face:
Revlon Colorstay foundation mixed with my daily moisturizer for a very light coverage, Nivea Moisturizing toner used as hydrating spray, a bit of Ben Nye concealer thinned down a lot with eye cream, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pink Raspberry

Eyes:
ArtDeco e/s base, Obsessive Compulsive loose color in Ironic, Naked pigment in Cotton Candy, a smidgeon of MAC Brows in Spiked, Margaret Astor brow gel, Maybelline Colossal mascara, Maybelline white kohl pencil

Lips:
Rimmel Airy Fairy l/s, MAC Underage Lipglass

27 comments:

  1. You're very naturally pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I call it "beauty makeup" also, rather than "neutral" or whatever most people call it. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new brows :) I need to get better at minimalist (or beauty) makeup. Sometimes I just get tired of colour on my eyes and lips but it's habit :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yvettemadelaine3:39 pm

    I love using the lightest foundation coverage I can get away with; makes no sense to cover up skin that's in good condition. You look lovely here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! This shows you really have great skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:39 pm

    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great blog. You said you have no idea why you're NOT wearing earrings in both pics, but you are? LOL. Maybe I read it wrong.

    Anyway, I know exactly what you mean in regards to the duration of beauty makeup. I work as Assistant Director on many many films, commercials, etc. and the simplest looks can sometimes take the longest amount of time to produce. Best of luck on your beauty endeavors, and stay beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! I want to learn more about doing beauty makeup myself, so any tips and tricks would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this look. this is probably your most nude makeup look ever. i'm so used to the drama in your looks but you look so stunning in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. now this is gorgeous, so simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love your toned-down look tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look beautiful when you smile! well you always look amazing, but the picture with the big smile was specially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, BEAUTIFUL! I really like these kind of looks, thank you very much for this one - it is simply GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so beautiful!
    nice daily make up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delia Lupan2:00 am

    Well, the problem of the beauty makeup is that it's not just makeup, but the models have an almost perfect face and also the pics are photoshoped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey girl!
    Beautiful makeup :)
    As a makeup artist, I am really recomending a phenominal skin care line to all my clients, called Riversol. I use it in my kit, as well as in my home. It is really amazing!! you can get free samples from www.riversol.com

    best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!!!

    You look super cute, I need to try a look like this

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look very fresh and classically pretty here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! Please post more pictures of looks like this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this look! It's so fresh and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the natural look. it really shows what great skin you have. but what I like most is your eyebrows. I think you've got the perfect shape of eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous6:42 pm

    You are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  23. Could you post a video tutorial of beauty makeup, please? I´m really interested in learning how to do it. Or if that not possible a link to a video tutorial.
    Thank you, gagogaliza

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this beauty makeup. I also LOVE your blog pic too. Just gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous4:21 am

    You look so fresh and pretty... I would love to see a tutorial for this look!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous12:52 pm

    Julia... you look completely stunning. I wish I looked like that when I go to work!! I think it helps that you have beautiful skin and features... if you don't have that it is all uphill!!
    great look

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous9:36 pm

    Hi!
    I love your blog! I wish I have your talent! And you're very pretty. Can you do a step-by-step video/picture tutorial on this look? I know it must be pretty simple since you only used 2 eyeshadows (i think??). But I'm new to using makeup, and I really really really LOVE this look. :) I hope you can teach us how to do this.
    Please...
    Pretty please...
    Pretty please with sugar on top :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete