23 Jun 2009

Illamasqua Product Focus


I received a large package from Illamasqua and I have to say I feel so lucky being able to try out this brand, ever since closely following this company since last year when I first heard about it being talked about on specktra.net. I was so inspired by the promo images and videos I saw, especially since the brand caters more towards the artistic side of makeup enthusiasts. Here are some product images, all labeled left to right; click on images to enlarge.

Cream foundation CF135, Powder blush in Intrigue, Powder blush in Chased, Satin Primer SPF 20, Medium Pencil in Cane, Volume mascara



Powder Eyeshadows in Slink, Cry, Rapture, Maybe

Pure Pigment in Marvel, Eyebrow Cake in Gaze

Brushes: Eye Liner, Blending Brush, Highlighter, Blusher Brush 1

Intense Lipgloss (top) in Absorb, Intense Lipgloss (bottom) in Fierce, Lipstick in Maneater (red), Lipstick in Fetish (purple)

Nail Varnishes in Propaganda, Rampage, Smash, DWS, Collide, Whack

Medium Pencil in Cane

Volume mascara

I love that this brand is focusing on artistic makeup looks rather than purely commercial ones, it's so refreshing to see! I also love that Illamasqua caters to very fair skin tones with quite a large variety of very light foundation and blush colors. It can be nearly impossible for us porcelain skinned people to find a correct color match!

So far I am really loving the cream foundation, which is so quick and easy to apply. I've been using this daily and I love the flawless but almost invisible finish it gives, although it might not be suitable for those with very oily skin. I also love the lip products, nail varnishes and brushes, which I am actually using as foundation and concealer brushes. The brushes are synthetic material but very high quality, the Highlighter brush actually is very similar to the MAC 109 and I prefer the Illamasqua one as it doesn't shed at all. They are very soft but resilient, and don't bleed when washing. The volume mascara gave me excellent curl and did not clump or flake. I have also used Slink eyeshadow which makes a beautiful highlighter, and the pink blush is also highly pigmented and so pretty.

So far my only complaint is the release mechanism of the compacts - some of the them are hard to open and you need to wedge your fingernail in between the lip to release the lid. Very annoying for those long-nailed people out there like myself who don't want to chip their manicure opening a foundation compact. I hope they will revamp the packaging a little bit and make the lids easier to open without having to wedge your nail in between.

Please stay tuned for an upcoming Illamasqua look on my Youtube channel!

Click here to go to Illamasqua's homepage and check out their beautiful range of products. If you want to try to win some free Illamasqua products, make sure to enter MizzWorthy's contest that she is hosting right now, click here for the link! You have until July 7, 2009 so make sure to give it a go.

PLEASE DO NOT RE-HOST MY PICTURES WITHOUT PERMISSION. Thank you.

15 comments:

  1. Claire10:21 pm

    I just watched your YouTube vid on these products. I looove Illamasqua and ordered a few things online (I have the satin primer, solstice liquid metal and an intense lipgloss) but have been waiting to buy more stuff until I could get to Oxford Street and look at the colours in person.

    I have pale skin too and like the look of the cream foundation, so might risk an online puchase.

    Also, thanks for the photo of the nail polishes. I've been looking after my nails since I watched your nail care vid on YouTube and they look great now. I'm really into the more unusual polish colours and the Illamasqua ones look fab, so I can definitely order those online too. I picked up China Glaze Japanese Koi at Sally beauty supply last week as I remembered it from one of your videos. It's an amazing colour. What do you think of the new Zoya matte collection?

    Anyway, I love your blog and videos so thanks for the efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you got some amazing goodies to try! I am in love with the cream foundation too - its fast becoming my HG! Thanks for giving my contest a shout out too - I hope you do another entry! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you Julia. You received the most beautiful promotional package.And you seem so genuinely excited :o Thanks for the quick review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!! Thanks for a great video! I wonder if these products will come across the ocean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great assortment. The white blush/highlighter intrigues me, and those nail colors are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great review!
    I'm going to Selfridges today, so i might check out the Foundation!
    Thanks
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ONE WORD - WOW! what a package!! Filled with goodies!! ur so blessed! :) Have fun with them can't wait to see the vid!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love the brand for exactly the reason you stated in your blog post - it's more about the art of make-up not just commercial trends. Great product focus and wonderful stuff to try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The nailpolish in Smash and lipstick in Maneater look AMAZING. And I love that they have a fleshtone eyeliner pencil, because lining my waterline with white eyeliner makes me look weird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pooks8:51 pm

    Hi Julia!

    If the packages are hard to open, try opening them with a spoon, or something thin like the tip of a butter knife.

    Hope it helps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Julia! i just read thru their facebook page that they are launching thru Sephora for the US! Spread the word!

    -Viv

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh Maybe is absolute love. I have an outfit that would look lovely with that eyeshadow. Illamasqua is gonna make me go broke XD There are so many goodies I want to pick up

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is the Cream Foundation heavy like MAC's Studio Tech. I've tried it in the past and I like the coverage but it felt like grease paint not to mention it gave me spots.
    Is the Illamasqua one lighter in feel?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics! I'm headed to London tomorrow for a very quick work layover & first stop Selfridges to check out this line. Can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. jackie6:34 pm

    I fell in love with Illamasqua nail polish colors and order a few.
    Saddly, I find them to be sooooo easy to peel off my nails!
    just last night, as I was showering my 3 yr old, a whole nail came off in one piece, just like a peeling mask!
    Total dissapointment.

    ReplyDelete