6 May 2011

Wedding Makeup: Kate Middleton inspired




This bridal makeup was inspired by Kate Middleton, which she wore on her marriage to Prince William. She actually did her own makeup for the event, which is very brave of her. She did get lessons beforehand from a pro makeup artist, but good for her for having a go at it herself!


I have no idea what Kate used, so I used a variety of press pictures to get a general idea. She wore light pink lipstick, pink blush, and some browns on her eyes. The one thing I did not like at all about her look was the harsh black eyeliner she applied on the lower lid, so I changed that in my video and show how to make eyeliner soft and wearable for your wedding day.

The key thing you want to remember for wedding makeup is that your makeup needs to be appropriate for flash photography - that means no SPF in the foundation, using a more full coverage foundation that you would normally, and avoid using too many shimmery and sparkly products, glitter is an absolute no-go. Other than that, it's up to you what colors you want to use and what type of look you want to go for!

Face
Illamasqua Cream foundation, MAC Blot Powder, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pink Raspberry, Lancome Blush Subtil in Rose Boisé,

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion, Lancome e/s (taupe color and a vanilla color, forget the names), Catrice Go Charlie Brow e/s, Catrice It's a Girl e/s, Lancome Kohl Crayon in Black, Max Factor kohl pencil in Natural Glaze

Lips
Rimmel Lipliner in Addiction, MAC Hue, MAC Bombshell

Nails
Barry M - Baby Pink 119


Click here to watch the tutorial on Youtube

21 comments:

  1. I prefer yours over hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51 pm

    You did a wonderful job on the Kate Middleton inspired look! I love your look and it looks fairly close to the real Kate's. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you looking fabolus julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:10 pm

    You look very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, your look is much better than Kate's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours looks so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goregous, love the look :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are fabulous, pretty and elegant..:):) Keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even i didnt like the harsh black liner..But i somebody said on my blog that kate has eyeliner tattoo..and that is why it looks so harsh and rigid..the liner actually makes me wonder if its true.,,the rumour..!! :/

    I love your makeup as always..!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look very very very beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really Beautiful and so romantic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:16 am

    Julia your look is better than hers. I did not like her look because it seemed way too natural. She should have at least added lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. kate is just stunning and her beauty was so elegant and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great!!!
    xoxo
    http://pinkrockandfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning Julia! I haven't watched your videos (or any youtube videos for that matter) in a long, long time and now seeing you after a while I was allmost schocked how slim your face looks (in a good way ofcourse!). You are inspiring me on my weightlossjourney that's been rocky and full on ups and downs. I hope that some day I will look as gorgeous as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi my name is carla and i am a portuguese girl
    and i also live in switzerland
    i love your blog so i put him in my blog page "blogs that i love"
    you may watch that in here http://coisitas-da-carlinha.blogspot.com/p/blogues-que-adoro.html

    but if you think that is invasion of rights i take it off if you want

    sorry my bad english
    kiss :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing. You look better :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my God, this is an amazing look :) I love how you blended the colours together, good job :)

    ReplyDelete