30 Jun 2012

Review: L'Occitane Verveine Sorbet

Another day, another perfume review! After my decisive reaction to Thierry Mugler's Womanity, I'm pleased to say this review is definitely more positive.


L'Occitane is releasing a new limited edition Eau de Toilette called Verveine Sorbet for the summer, which will be available around mid July 2012. This is a new and fresh spin on their existing Lemon Verveine scent. In combination, they are also releasing a shower gel, a body lotion, a refreshing mist, and a lipgloss.



I'm not sure what the exact differences is from the original, but to me it smells like a more complex and even fresher spin on it. This scent is extremely fresh, citrusy, and light. The notes are grapefruit, lime, mint, and lemon verveine.

This scent is so up my alley! I absolutely love it. The accompanying body lotion has a slightly cooling effect, which is so great for the summer. I love citrusy scents, and this one has enough complexity to be interesting and unique, without being too opulent and a mish-mash of everything thrown together. I love the simplicity of it - extremely fresh and light!

The only downside I see is that the scent is not very long lasting. After a few hours, the scent is gone. Using it in combination with the body lotion helps, but I wish it had more longevity because I love how it smells. If you did want it to last all day, expect to reapply it at least a few times.

Have you tried any L'Occitane scents? Will you be trying this out? Share in the comments!

15 comments:

  1. sounds like an amazing scent. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the post

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging of this line as well!


    http://www.beautybylinde.blogspot.nl/
    http://www.beautybylinde.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried this one and it is sooo refreshing on a hot day :) I am a huge fan of the verbena shower gels in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!my summer fragances are Naturelle (Yves Rocher)and Green Apple eau de toillette.I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this looks lovely! I love citrus and mint, so I might have to give this a go.

    <3 Rubiiee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:36 pm

    Hi, tried the verveine body scrub which is amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:39 pm

    I've tried the shower gel and I loved it. It left my skin smooth and it smells very fresh and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried this sent before. I'll look online to see if I can find it. It sounds AMAZING though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fresh scents in the summer. I will have to check it out !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fresh scents in the spring/summer. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love their scents in general. I have d'Iparie and Ambre for special occasions (the're quite heavy) and Rose Nuit de Mai for daily use (all eau de toilette). Rose Nuit de Mai is hard to find, I can't find it on their webshops anywhere anymore.

    I also tried their cosmetics, which are also nice, but pricy. And not suitable for sensitive skin, because they contain quite some perfume. They caused a major breakout on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally I love the design, I think it’s so nice and it’s probably the first time that I am really curious to what this perfume really smells like. I want to own one. Thanks for this. :)
    pheromone cologne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cant wait to try this one if I could ever stop wearing Hello by Harvey Prince. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i should look for this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:32 am

    This was on sale at the Newport Beach L'Occitane after Christmas 2012 and ever so delightfully citrusy, minty and (lightly) floral. If you are a fan of Guerlain's Aqua Allegorias, you'll like this. Supposedly it's a Limited Edition, so don't wait too long.

    ReplyDelete