14 May 2013

Tutorial: Tone in Tone Makeup





Hello everyone! I've been majorly MIA from this blog, I apologize. I have, however, been really busy with moving house, which I vlogged about here, and I've also been posting a lot on my Vlog channel TheThirdShift, so you may want to check that out here if you're not up to date.

But anyway, on to today's makeup tutorial. I've been loving this understated, tone-in-tone look, which I've been wearing a variation of for years. Sometimes I'll combine the eyes with a bold lip, for example a really bright color, but today I opted for a neutral caramel tone on the lips.

Watch my tutorial below to see how I did this look!




Face
L'Oreal Magic Lumi foundation, Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder, Illamasqua Hollow Cream Pigment, Illamasqua Bronzer in Writhe, Kryolan concealer, Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Gold, Lancome Teint Miracle brightening concealer

Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe, Manhattan eyeshadows in 96Q Choc Choc Kiss and 69S Velvet Vision, Ben Nye Toast eyeshadow, L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Brown, L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara in Black, Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil

Lips
L'Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain in Eternally Nude, Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector Nr. 06

Nails
China Glaze Grape Pop








8 comments:

  1. Hello. I was looking for the beauty blender dupe that you mentioned. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please tell me the brand of the sponge? Thanks ^^ And I love your eye makeup and your natural eye color. So beautiful and sexy :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:24 pm

    I use the same sponge - it is the
    Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge. I purchase mine at Amazon UK for £4.95 with Free delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi,
    I can't find the Manhattan 69S eyeshadow in store or on the Manhattan website... did you get it recently? what other eyeshadow could I use instead?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look's nice!

    i follow you on bloglovin,
    follow me back?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You look so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this tutorial. I usually prefer this kind of look for it looks light and natural. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty look, love the way the purple undertones in the taupe bring out the green in your eyes =]

    ReplyDelete