24 Oct 2013

DIY: Starburst Mirror with major WOW Factor!

A few weeks ago I was in the mood for another DIY project, after my Jewelry Frame, which you can watch here if you missed it. We have this large empty wall in our dining room, right behind out table, which was just begging for some decor. I really wanted an eyecatcher there, so instead of just some boring picture frames, I decided to make a large Starburst mirror.

Like this project? Pin it on Pinterest!



I was going for a kind of wild, not-too-perfect looking, somewhat random starburst. I used branches to achieve that look. Here's some more detailed shots of the mirror up close.




This was a really fun, if time consuming project! The mirror is TRANBY from IKEA, and the branches are also from there, and called SMYCKA. They can be found in the dried flowers and plants section of IKEA. I opted to spray mine gold, but you can choose any color of the rainbow of course. Watch my video tutorial to see how I did this, plus some tips and tricks of what I would do differently next time!





I absolutely love the end result, and even though it was a lot of work, I would definitely do it again. I love the way it looks in our dining room. It has such a wild, unique look, and I've received so many compliments from friends and family who can't believe I made it myself!

Is this a project you might do? If you try it out, tweet me your pictures with the hashtag #DIYwithJulia to my Twitter account: @hellojuliagraf


2 comments:

  1. looks great, I love DIY stuff that are easy to do =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bazzar I also have designed a different type of mirror for my vanity its not completed yet. I started the mirror 6 months ago I. Plan on doing more because of the compliments I've gotten while i was working on it. You are really motivating me to get my act together I appreciate your shows and your artistic creativity mirror is beautiful and a surely a eye catcher...stay awasome

    ReplyDelete