12 Jun 2010

Icy Blue Green Nails



I've worn this nailpolish combo in two of my videos and always get loads of comments on it from people wanting to know what it is. I'm not surprised, this combo is one of my favorites! (By the way, I always list the nailpolish I wear in the info box below the video.)

This is two layers of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Jumpin' Jade and one coat of CND Effects in Ice Blue Shimmer #555 and one layer of Seche Vite topcoat. I love the CND Effects polish in this particular shade, it's almost colorless but gives a pearlescent turquoise blue icy shimmer when layered on top of any color. I've also done this combo using Barry M Racing Green polish as a base color and it worked really well too.

I have one other CND Effects polish with a gold flake in it, but I like this one so much better! If you're not sure where to buy the CND Effects polishes, check out their website to locate a retailer near you.

13 comments:

  1. Holy crap that's GORGEOUS!
    Wow, I'm stunned! I *need* to copy this manicure!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very similar shade from KIKO COSMETICS. (Number 299, without name) Do you know this brand? It's italian, made in France, but you can find it here in Spain as well
    The result is quite the same but all in one single shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIKo COSMETICS #299 Pearly Dark Slate Green (Green?!?!?!?!?) I though it was blue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color...i tend to use Nails Inc (i am a nail tech from the uk) and have got one very similiar to your color...love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:01 pm

    So great polish!!! I like it a lot, looks so great!

    www.live.love.smile.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:35 pm

    speechless....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:47 pm

    Essence also have this colour i bought it too and i love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vanesa Urcullo9:18 pm

    looks great!! I'll try that this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:22 pm

    ♥ beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked you nails more when they were square shaped.. but they look good like this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:07 pm

    that is so gorgous!! you inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:00 pm

    das sieht schön aus :) !
    thats are so beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:59 pm

    wow, this Nails look so great!!!
    i ´ve the KIKO color ;O)

    ReplyDelete